Friday, December 2, 2011

Dollar Store Garland Makover

I would love to buy a full and fluffy garland for $120, but that's not going to happen. I got to work today on making a real one today.
While at the playground with Tanner, we collected a veriety of pines and cypress clippings.
YES, I went with my tree trimmers in hand, so if you saw a crazy lady cutting branches out side of your window it might have been me....lol

This cost me $1 for the dollar store garland. 

This is my pile of four different clippings.




Tanner and I gathered bags of pinecones too.
  I hung the plain garland over the door and wraped it around two thumb tacks at each corner.

 And just start adding your clippings to the garland with floral wire.

 I started with the cypress pine clippings and layered on the rest from there.
Added the red berries to each corner.

A little tip...using the pine cones with the knob still on them was supper easy to attach the wire to.

 Not bad for a BUCK right!!
 



 The kids finished off some animal crackers yesterday and I used the bucket to fill with pine cones and I had a handfull of left over trimmings, so I just placed them in it. I like that you can see in the bucket and it's plastic for outside.




What do you think??

This took me about an hour not including the fun time at the playground :-)  And I'm hoping that it will last for a couple of weeks. I may have to add a few pieces as time goes on.

I have only spent a $1 so far this year for the outdoor decorations. I try to buy a little each year AFTER Christmas when everything is 75% off. I would like to buy one large item this year, like a light up angel or reindeer.
Linking to:

Remodelaholic
Funky Junk's Sat Nite SpecialTickled Pink at 504 Main

8 comments:

  1. It looks gorgeous! I think your real one is prettier anyhow! You are so creative - God bless :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love how it turned out! Your house looks great for the holidays! I'm your newest follower from the funky junk interiors party. I'd love you to stop by my blog & maybe follow along too.
    Sally
    loveofhomes.blogspot.com

    ReplyDelete
  3. great use of resources and your own creativity. well done. thanks for posting.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Seriously? You did this yourself? It's amazing! Great job girl!
    Melody
    chattychics.com
    PS we're having a jewelry giveaway if you're interested!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Absolutely fantastic!!! It totally looks like you spent big bucks on that garland and it is all just beautiful. I LOVE the animal cracker container and seriously cannot believe how clever that is! :-) Thank you so much for sharing this with us at Inspiration Friday this week~
    Vanessa

    ReplyDelete
  6. Pretty cool stuff you got here! I've really picked up a lot:-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments!

Follow Me On Instagram

amazon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...