Friday, December 16, 2011

Glittered Acorns

Has anyone started putting their pins to use?

This is one of my pins on my craft board.

{via Etsy}

SOO pretty!!

This is easy to make and the little ones can do it with you:-)



I started by going out to our oak tree behind the house...the boys collected all the acorns.

Use a little Mod Podge on the caps and sprinkle with your glitter color of choice.

I LOVE my Martha Stewart set of 24 glitter!!!

I used cotton balls to fill the insides of the acorns and another thing I used was Halloween spider web leftovers. The spider web stuff gave them a more "needle felt" look as where the cotton is a softer white look.

Place a little glue inside and stuff away!!

I hung them from the branch hanging off of my chandelier.






Linking to:
Chic on a Shoestring Decorating



Funky Junk's Sat Nite Special

2 comments:

  1. simply wonderful! great effect,
    thanks,

    tanika

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love your little "elf" helper. Your acorns are pretty cute too and I love the horizontal hanging branch.

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments!

Follow Me On Instagram

amazon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...