Thursday, December 29, 2011

Nature Turned into Beauty {tree log candle holder}

I had several tree stumps that I grabbed from HERE. They looked so festive around the house:-)

So I turned them into tea light candle holders.



 As I was snapping shots, the kids came by and wiped the chalk board. A neighbor was throwing away the frame a while back and I rescued it from it's future life in the land fill....I'm so nice...haha!

My husband loves it when I go trash picking...NOT!

I just cut a thin piece of wood to fit in the middle and painted it with my Rust-Oleum chalk board paint.

Don't mind the ugly counter tops! If we owned our place I would be putting in new counter tops and painting the cabinets!

I had a more interesting log on hand and did another tea light candle holder for the counter.



I used a flat drill bit 1 1/2 in. That Santa brought me a little early for my stocking...hehe!

My flat head drill bit set was $9.99 at Home Depot but really all you would need is one and I think they were around $4.

I still have several tree stumps/logs in my garage for future ideas, so maybe you will see a new one soon!

Linking to:
Home Stories A2Z

2 comments:

  1. Love the logs with candles inside...so clever...so many cute ideas...I am your newest follower and I will be back again...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Greetings from California, USA

    I am Your Newest Follower

    Have a Nice Day :-)

    ReplyDelete

I love reading comments!

Follow Me On Instagram

amazon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...