Friday, February 14, 2014

DIY Burlap Banner

When I started the search for a burlap banner that would be "just right" for my friends (adult) Birthday party...nothing!
 
The beauty of this banner is the versatility of it!! It can be used for any occasion or holiday with the chalkboard center.  
 
<=================>
 
With burlap I always buy it by the yard for large projects. I get mine at Wal-Mart for $2.97 a yard!
 
For the rest of this banner I used lace, jute twine, small clothes pins and chalkboard cardstock paper (12"x12").
 
 
 
 
 
I found a single sheet of chalkboard cardstock paper in the paper section at Michael's. It comes square so makes for easy cutting.
 
I forgot to take a picture of the full sheet but it looks something like this.
 
Depending on what you want to spell out, cut out as many banner flags as you will need. I just cut out the basic shape I wanted and used that one as a form for the rest.
 

Add the lace at the top and cut it to size.


Add the chalkboard paper to the center and hot glue everything down.
 

 
Tie little bows in the jute twine and hot glue them to the top.
 
 
 
 

 
I didn't get the greatest pictures of this project since I had craft stuff everywhere!!!
Let me you tell ya now, when you cut burlap you will have fibers all over you, the dog, the kids, etc.!!!
 
Here are some pictures from the party of the table setting:)
 


 
I love Photoshop more and more everyday! Luckily I have a chalkboard background and was able to make the Happy Birthday flags for the topiaries.
 


I made these mini topiaries with clay pots and mini moss balls from Michael's. Love that Michael's sells backers twine for a $1.50 now! Added little bows around the top of the pots to finish them off.
 

 
I put this little arrangement together with plants that I have in my backyard.
 
 A simple way to dress up jars you already have is to wrap them in burlap and hot glue chalkboard paper to the front. Or you can wrap them in anything that goes with your theme.
 

 
I made the cupcake stands from trays and candle holders.
I made some burlap rose florets and hot glued them to the chalkboard.


 
Really enjoyed styling this party!
I'm ready for more:)
 
 
 
Linking To:
 

http://www.homestoriesatoz.com/tutorials/tutorials-tips-link-party-146.html?utm_source=feedburner&utm_medium=feed&utm_campaign=Feed%3A+thestoriesofa2z%2FVisw+%28Home+Stories+A+to+Z%29The Bold Abode

My Uncommon Slice of Suburbia
I party with Remodelaholic

No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments!

Follow Me On Instagram

amazon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...