Friday, August 25, 2017

Mediterranean Tuna Salad

With Labor Day right around the corner, I thought I would share my father in-laws Mediterranean Tuna Salad that is to die for!! It's a chunky salad and doesn't need any bread, that's why I like it so much!


All the ingredients are listed below, but I did use chopped garlic from the jar & parsley in one of those paste tubes. My mom always taught me growing up that I should always follow the recipe as is the first time & make changes after you've tried it the first time!   




Ingredients

* 4 (6oz) cans of albacore tuna, drained
* 1(14oz) can quartered artichoke hearts, drained
* 1/2 cup chopped red bell pepper
 * 3/4 cup sliced Greek olives or black olives
* 1/2 small red onion, finely chopped
* 1/4 cup chopped fresh flat-leaf parsley
* 3 fresh basil leaves, thinly chopped
* 2 cloves of garlic
* 1 teaspoon dried oregano
* 1/2 cup mayonnaise
* 3TBS lemon juice
* 1/4 teaspoon fine salt
* 1/4 teaspoon black pepper

Mix

In a large bowl, combine tuna, artichokes, bell peppers, olives, onion, parsley, garlic, oregano, mayonnaise, lemon juice, salt & pepper and gently fold everything together. You don't want to break up the artichokes or tuna too much to keep it chunky. 
  
It goes really well with some sliced cucumbers or crackers! 




Hope y'all enjoy this tuna salad as much as I do!






No comments:

Post a Comment

I love reading comments!

Follow Me On Instagram

amazon

Related Posts Plugin for WordPress, Blogger...